Most successful product on Drugstore.com at time of launch
NatraBio is a natural medicine and supplement manufacturer. They were eager to successfully launch their new homeopathic flu product, Flu Resist, into a highly competitive mainstream market, initially online through Drugstore.com.
- The flu causes you to feel inflamed, achy and feverish all over
- People want quick relief and naturaopathic products are often perceived as being slow to take effect.
- NatraBio’s lack of familiarity in the market did little to help establish consumer credibility for the product with a major online outlet
- Category competitor Zicam had a significant head start in the market
Our strategy focused on creating packaging and display materials that jump off the shelf to engage consumers who are hurting and desperate for relief from the flu.
- The red package color immediately connects with the consumer’s uncomfortable symptoms.
- The package images vividly communicate Flu Resist’s ability to quickly and vigorously enter the body’s system through its unique “distribution” device.
- NatraBio sold one unit of Flu Resist every two minutes when first listed on Drugstore.com— at the time, the most successful new product launch in the history of the site.
- Success online leveraged interest and ultimately access to traditional retail outlets.